The candidate should be students with PhD degrees at universities in Poland in the field of engineering and technical sciences (automation, electronics and electrical engineering; materials engineering; mechanical engineering; technical information technology and telecommunications) or science (physics).
• Practical knowledge of programming in C, C ++, Python, Matlab.
• Knowledge of embedded systems, microcontrollers and communication interfaces used in communication with integrated circuits (eg I2C, SPI).
• Ability of network programming (eg TCP / IP).
• Ability to work in the Linux environment.
• Ability to write software for FPGAs.
• Additional skills: knowledge of the EPICS framework.
• Additional skills: ability to work with interface drivers in a Linux environment and / or to develop drivers in Linux (eg PCI-E Express).
• Additional skills: participation in the implementation of laboratory measurements.
SCOPE OF WORKS:
Participation in the research project "Imaging based on gas electron multipliers under intense radiation from tokamak plasma" financed by the National Science Centre under the OPUS program. The project is aimed at the development and testing of gas detectors with the appropriate electronic system for data acquisition and processing.
It is planned to participate in research works related to the commissioning of prototype electronics, in particular in the field of developing modular, universal software for system management, data visualization and integration with already existing solutions (integration of electronics with a computer system - server). Recommended knowledge of FPGA programming for the development and development of functional components and verification of solutions (hardware implementation or testbench simulation). The period of participation in the project - 30 months.
employment under a full-time employment contract,
work in a team that brings together both experienced and young scientists,
improving qualifications and the possibility of rapid scientific development,
participation in scientific cooperation carried out in important research centers in the country and abroad,
private medical care.
A candidate for the research position of a research assistant should meet the following criteria:
- Enjoy full public rights,
- Hold a bachelor and/or engineer and/or master’s degree,
- Have an aptitude and passion for research work,
- Have sufficient command of English allowing to use professional literature, write scientific papers and communicate in professional community.
A candidate for the position of a researcher should submit the following documents and letters:
1. Application for employment in the position of an assistant or a technical research worker.
2. Cover letter.
3. Detailed curriculum vitae, including information on internships and academic and professional achievements.
4. Graduation diploma; bachelor, engineer, master’s degree.
5. Materials confirming the knowledge and professional experience useful for the implementation of the works specified in the job offer.
6. A declaration of consent to the processing of personal data for recruitment purposes
The candidate's qualifications are assessed by the Competition Commission on the basis of the documents and materials provided and the opinion of the head of the department (laboratory) in which the candidate is to be employed. Additionally, the Head of Department and / or the Competition Committee may invite a candidate for an interview.
The Competition Commission may request the candidate to submit additional materials regarding his / her qualifications and scientific achievements, such as:
1. opinion / opinions of employees with an academic title or a post-doctoral degree,
2. certified results obtained during master’s studies (applies in case of an assistant),
3. other materials.
The candidate may submit to the Competition Committee other additional materials confirming his / her qualifications, scientific achievements and information about his / her interests not related to the research specified in the competition announcement.
Documents should be submitted within the deadline of 10th of October 2021 (4 p.m.) to the IPPLM’s secretariat (23 Hery Str., 01-497, Warsaw) with a note "KONKURS" or via e-mail: [email protected]
with a note: “KONKURS" in the subject line