Full-time – JobID: P0012V256
as soon as possible searched for Health Data Science Unit to work at Medical Faculty Heidelberg & BioQuant.
The position is limited to 1 year.
Salary: TV-L (according to the collective wage agreement for the public sector of the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg).
The groups of Steeve Boulant (https://ciid-heidelberg.de/research-groups/boulant-lab/
) and Carl Herrmann (www.hdsu.org
at Medical Faculty Heidelberg have a shared DFG funded project to investigate molecular mechanisms of COVID19 comorbidities using single-cell analysis of infected organoids. The project will focus on kidney organoids as a model for diabetic kidney diseases, a possible COVID19 comorbidity. Within this project, we are looking for a research associate for a one-year position with a primary focus on the bioinformatics analysis of single-cell data, and potentially a complementary wet-lab contribution.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Computational analysis of single-cell datasets
• Data integration with previously published datasets
• Possibly contribution to the wet-lab experiments if suitable experience
• Leadership of the project, and communication with project partners
• Strong computational and statistical background
• Experience in computational single-cell analysis of genomcis
• Previous experience in single-cell analysis
• Excellent communication skills
For further Information please contact Carl Herrmann via e-mail: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until 30.04.2021 via e-mail.
Health Data Science Unit & & BioQuant
Im Neuenheimer Feld 267
Dr. Carl Herrmann[email protected]
The University Hospital Heidelberg offers:
▪ individual, target-oriented advanced training ▪ ticket for public transport ▪ nursery and kindergarten as well as holiday organization for schoolchildren ▪ health promotion ▪ university sports / librarywww.klinikum.uni-heidelberg.de/karriere
We stand for equal opportunities. People with disabilities are given priority with the same suitability. The university hospital aims at a general increase in the proportion of women in all areas and positions where women are underrepresented. Qualified women are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.