The Institute of Cardiovascular Physiology at the University Medical Center Göttingen invites applications for the following position:
PostDoc (m/f/d) Institute of Cardiovascular Physiology
Duration: contract for 2 years, prolongation is possible, fulltime | salary according to TV-L
The University Medical Center Göttingen is a tertiary care center and offers great development potential. It's 7,900 employees work in over 65 departments and facilities to provide top-quality patient care, excellent research and modern teaching. Göttingen, “City of Science”, located near the center of Germany, the University Medical Center Göttingen is embedded in the city’s attractive network of scientific research facilities.
The protein stability of the hypoxia inducible factor (HIF) subunit is regulated by three oxygen- and iron-dependent prolyl-4-hydroxylase domain (PHD) enzymes, which are druggable targets. Roxadustat and daprodustat are first-in-class PHD inhibitors with regulatory approval for renal anemia treatment. They induce endogenous erythropoietin expression by inhibition of all three PHD enzymes. Repurposing of PHD inhibitors for tissue protection is an attractive strategy, which depends on the possibility of achieving anti-ischaemia effects without excessive erythrocytosis. We apply genetically modified mouse models and various disease models to analyze the potential of this strategy especially for renal and cardiac diseases.
The ultimate goal is the development of new therapeutic possibilities for hypoxiarelated diseases. For further information regarding the training possibilities and the scientific environment see hkp.umg.eu.
• PhD degree in life sciences
• envolvement in teaching medical students and molecular medicine students in physiology (4 SWS)
• the ability to work in a team environment
• willingness to deal with complex interdisciplinary cell biology and systems biology questions
• solid English proficiency and basic understanding of German
• seful prerequisites: hands on experience with animal experiments
• the possibility to conduct a scientific project in a stimulating and interdisciplinary environment
• access to state-of-the art cell / molecular biology experiments and high resolution microscopy techniques
• a highly team-oriented atmosphere
Men are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application by October 9th, 2020:
Institute of Cardiovascular Physiology
Prof. Dr. med. Dörthe Katschinski
Head of the Institute
Tel.: +49 (0)551/39-9778
Fax: +49 (0)551/39-5895
E-Mail: [email protected]
Please send your application only via e-mail as a PDF-file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.