Faculty of Business Administration (FBA) of the University of Economics, Prague is an EQUIS accredited and Financial Times ranked business school located in the center of the historical city of Prague. We are an acknowledged and referenced higher education institution of management in the Central and Eastern European region. To reinforce our research team, we are looking for
Research Fellow in Management and Entrepreneurship (100%)
The Job’s Mission
The Research Fellow will work at one of the departments, according to his/her research focus. He/she is expected to be fully involved in research projects and develop a research agenda for the following years, including study design, creation of research methodologies, survey development, processing and analysis of data. The focus is laid on writing and ensuring the successful completion of the publication process of academic-oriented articles, reports, and literature reviews. The Research Fellow will be a key contributor to the overall success and impact of the department.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
• Produce academic-oriented articles in well acknowledged international journals (mainly journals ranked 3 and 4 in AJG 2018).
• Design research projects and prepare submissions of research proposals.
• Collect and analyze qualitative and/or quantitative data and draw insights from them.
• Work collaboratively with other researchers within the FBA. Mutual knowledge sharing through organizing workshops, conducting peer-reviews and active participation in research clubs.
• PhD degree (obtained less than 7 years ago) in management, entrepreneurship, business or a related discipline, incorporating elements of qualitative and/or quantitative research.
• Record of publishing (at least 2 papers in the last 3 years) in recognized international peer reviewed journals registered in WoS and Scopus databases in the broader area of management and/or entrepreneurship; preference for journals at 4/3 level according to ABS Academic Journal Guide 2018 ranking.
• Experience with participation in (preferably international) research projects
• Excellent knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methodology.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
• Deadline and results oriented
• Full fluency in English (written and spoken) at a native level or equivalent.
Full-time position for 14 months starting from January 2021. Based on the results achieved, we want to offer the permanent job after this period. Salary 30,000 EUR per year, free housing possibility in University facilities and yearly travel budget up to 3,000 EUR.
How to Apply
If you have the above skills and would like to join our exciting and challenging environment, please send your complete application file:
• Letter of motivation and CV in English
• List of publications and research projects
• H-index according to WoS without self-citations
• Copy of your PhD. Diploma
• 5-page research proposal you would like to work on
Contact person: Ing. Marie Lopez Gutierrez (email: [email protected]
Only candidates who provide all above-mentioned documents will be considered for further screening. Application deadline is Oct 31, 2020. This position is open to all nationalities. FBA is a fair employer and offers equal conditions regardless race, sex, or religion.
• The candidate’s previous research activities fit in the field of management and/or entrepreneurship.
• H-index according to WoS
• Quality of previous publications (publications in international peer-reviewed journals registered in WoS and Scopus databases, with a preference for journals 4/3/2 level according to ABS Academic Journal Guide 2018)
• The research proposal is in line with the research profile of the Faculty of Business Administration.