Programme Manager – In Vitro Research
London (Hybrid working with travel across the UK and NC3Rs London office)
£41,116 - £47,743 annum (plus London allowances if applicable) depending on skills and experience
The NC3Rs, the UK’s national organization for the 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction, and Refinement), was established in 2004 to accelerate the development and adoption of new models and tools that minimize the use of animals in research and testing. With an annual budget of approximately £10 million, the NC3Rs is primarily funded by the government. We operate as both a major 3Rs research and innovation funder and through programs led by our team of scientists. To learn more, visit www.nc3rs.org.uk
About the Role:
Are you ready to make an impact? Join our dynamic team as a Programme Manager where you'll play a vital role in identifying opportunities to enhance the reliability and reproducibility of in vitro research. Working closely with a team of four scientists led by the Head of Experimental Design and Reporting, you will contribute to cutting-edge projects aimed at improving research practices in the UK and internationally.
Do you have:
• A relevant post-graduate degree or equivalent experience (e.g., expertise in statistics or experimental design)?
• Experience in in vitro research and a comprehensive understanding of the use of animals in research?
• Engaging presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly, negotiate, and influence stakeholders?
• The ability to distil complex information and provide authoritative advice?
If you are ready to take on this exciting role and be part of a team dedicated to ground-breaking research, we would love to hear from you.
• Lead user testing and dissemination strategy for the RIVER recommendations.
• Develop guidance, training materials, and online resources for diverse audiences.
• Conduct training events and workshops promoting best practices in experimental design.
• Provide expert advice on improving the design and reporting of in vitro research.
The successful candidate will be subject to security checks.
Choosing to come to work at the MRC (part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)) means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits, from a defined-benefit pension scheme and excellent holiday entitlement, to access to employee shopping/travel discounts and a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the work of a world-class medical research organisation.
How to Apply:
For full details and to apply: https://mrc.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/spa-1/candidate/post/5187/en-GB
The closing date for applications is 11 Dec 2023
Ensure to submit a CV and covering letter addressing the criteria listed in the personal specification. Failure to submit a covering letter may result in your application not being considered.
Quote Reference Number: NC3Rs 2297
Interviews: Likely to take place in mid January 2024