The Vall d´Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) Seeks a “Postdoctoral Reseacher – Experimental Hematology group lead by Dr. Bosch – INVESTIGO AGAUR 2023”
Reference: Ref. 36-2023
Application deadline: until position filled and no later than 30/06/2023.
Number of vacancies: 1
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.
Within the Clinical Research Program, there are several research-focused groups that are in a growth phase and are looking to integrate staff into their teams with the category of Postdoctoral Researcher with knowledge in Bioinformatics within the INVESTIGO AGAUR 2023 program.
The main tasks carried out in these groups are:
- Participation in the Group's projects and lines of research.
- Write reports and manuscripts.
- Monitor doctoral and master's students.
- Present own work and group work at national and international meetings and congresses.
- Analysis of multi-Omics data from patients with hematological neoplasias and experimental models (mostly custom NGS panels, WES, and RNAseq)
To learn more about the group that is part of this program, we encourage you to consult the following links on our website:
Experimental Hematology Group: https://vhio.net/pf/experimental-hematology-group/
Please also have a look to other groups in the Clinical Program: https://vhio.net/clinical-research/
Investigo Program Requirements:
- Being 16 years of age or older and not having turned 30 years of age.
- At the time of the start of the contract, it will be an essential requirement to be registered as an unemployed occupation seeker (DONO) in the Public Employment Service of Catalonia.
- Having not developed any type of paid research activity at VHIO in the 6 months immediately preceding the start of the contract.
- Accrediting the possession of a higher degree training cycle or university degree or equivalent qualification.
What do we need:
- Doctorate degree and university training focused on the Bioinformatic field or similar.
- Scientific experience in the fields of haematology and/or immunology.
- Experience processing and analyzing omics data (NGS panels, WES, WGS, RNA-seq, etc.).
- Experience in programming and high-performance computing environments.
- Experience coordinating students within the laboratory.
- It is valued to have published in the scientific field.
- Ability to concentrate and attention to detail.
- Scientific rigor.
- Ability to organize and solve problems.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Statistical, machine learning and deep-learning knowledge is a plus.
What do we offer:
- Permanent contract linked to scientific-technical activities and subject to a guaranteed financing period of 24 months.
- Expected incorporation before September 2, 2023.
- Full-time workday.
- Salary according to required qualifications and accredited experience, in accordance with the Investigo Program grant, and always guaranteeing the minimum remuneration established in the VHIO collective agreement for each professional category.
- Flexible working hours and measures to balance work, family, and personal life, and promote gender equality, as established in the VHIO collective agreement.
- Flexible remuneration program (includes restaurant vouchers/cards, transport, medical insurance, and "daycare" voucher).
- 23 days of holidays and 5 personal days.
- Access to VHIO's personal development and training plan.
- Being part of a center that is constantly developing, highly competitive, seeking excellence in research and collaborating with leading teams.
- We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome all people equally, regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Submission of offers:
- The dates of the call will be from 19/04/2023 until the position is filled and at the latest until 30/06/2023.
- Interested persons must apply by sending an email to the following address [email protected]
. It will be essential to indicate the reference of the offer in the subject of the email, as well as attach the CV and a letter of motivation. Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered for the selection process.
- At the time of applying for the offer, it will be necessary to identify the research groups within the chosen program that interest you the most (maximum of 2). You can consult the different groups at the following link: https://vhio.net/clinical-research/
- IMPORTANT: This is a blind CV call, which means that the CVs in PDF format and the cover/motivation letters cannot contain personal data (name, surname, age, gender) or include a photo. CVs that do not comply with these requirements will be excluded from the selection process.