An announcement for PostDoc position
Position of adiunkt/PostDoc (a group of science positions) in the OPUS+LAP project entitled "Aspherical atom model - developing novel methods for crystal structure refinement of partially disordered materials" financed by National Science Centre is open for application. Project leader: dr hab. Wojciech Sławiński.
The post-doc (adiunkt w grupie pracowników badawczych) will run a research in exact and natural sciences, in discipline of chemistry. Available positions: 1
We are looking for motivated candidates:
* with a PhD degree in chemistry, physics or related sciences (required in the first day of work at the latest)
* good knowledge on English
* experience in preparation, collection and analysis of diffraction data taken from powder and/or single crystal diffraction experiment, in particular by using Pair Distribution Function method
* ability to work a as team member
* programming skills (C++, Fotran)
The candidate must meet the requirements of art. 113 of the Act - Law on Higher Education and Science dated July 20, 2018 (Polish Journal of Laws of 2022, no. 574).
* performing powder and single crystal experiment by using laboratory and synchrotron radiation sources
* analysis of experimental data
* sample preparation and crystallization
* code development of existing computer programs
* cooperation with international team members
a temporary contract with the University of Warsaw (full time position/employment contract for 2 year) from July 2023 till June 2025 (with possibility of 1-year extension).
* Curriculum Vitae (CV),
* Publication list
* Motivation letter describing experience and qualifications (max 2 pages A4)
* information on the processing of personal data (the template available at: http://www.chem.uw.edu.pl/oferty-pracy/
* declaration of reading and acceptance of the rules for conducting competitions at the University of Warsaw (a template available at: http://www.chem.uw.edu.pl/oferty-pracy/
Please submit the documents no later than 30th April 2023 to: [email protected]
(PDF is the preferred format).
The results of the competition will be given by e-mail till 15th June 2023
The competition is the first stage of the employment procedure as an academic teacher, and its positive outcome is the basis for further proceedings.