éclateral Ltd. is a startup developing a new generation of digital lateral flow tests, with focus on accessibility of testing and empowering people to understand and manage their own health. We are looking to add a scientist to our current assay development team of four people. We are an enthusiastic and passionate group with various backgrounds from biotech, electrochemistry, chemistry to electronic engineering. Our team goal is to improve the performance of éclateral o~pal lateral flow test (LFT) technology and adapt the technology for use with various biomarkers and sample types to deliver a commercially viable product.
The open position is for a scientist who has skills and experience in assay development. Both industrial and academic experiences are valued, but more importantly we are looking for someone with relevant skills, who is fast to grasp new concepts and is adaptable. The ability to work in a team is very important to us. Each year we take on multiple interns and being a mentor and a role model to junior staff is a key feature of this position.
The role offers a dynamic working schedule and is lab based. We offer a competitive salary and promote personal and professional growth via allocation of time and workshops via the accelerator Future Space, where we are based. The company will open an option scheme for employees who stay with the company for over a year. You will become the key part of our assay development team and your day-to day decisions and delivery will have a direct impact on the business opportunities, growth and overall company success. Although this is a scientific role, there will be opportunities to cross the gap between assay development towards product development, as you will be directly involved in product iteration testing and designing testing protocols for untrained users. If empowering people to understand and manage their own health is something you feel passionate about, we would love to hear from you.
The key parameters we will use for hiring are:
- Curiosity, motivation, and drive for achievement
- Relevant skills
- Ability to work in a team
éclateral o~pal LFT technology is combining two unique areas: lateral flow assay technology and electrochemical biosensing. Relevant skills as well as theoretical understanding of both areas is desirable but not essential.
Desired relevant skills include:
- Assay development (ELISAs, LFTs, immunosensors etc.)
- Use and understanding of electrochemical sensing techniques
- Supervision and support of technical and junior staff
- Understanding of GLP or QMS e.g., ISO13485, ISO9001 or IVDR regulations
- Independent experiment design (setting controls, understanding variables)
- Clear communication (verbal and written)
Requirements for the role:
- Ph.D. in a relevant field or equivalent experience in industry
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated management/supervision skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical analysis and good attention for fine detail
- Successful in a fast-paced environment.
- Designing experiments to develop or improve assay performance, robustness or usability
- Preparation of technical reports
- Active tackling of technical challenges & troubleshooting
- Day-to-day support, mentoring and management of technical/junior staff
- Communication of the data to the internal team
- Analysis of new technologies and delivering feasibility studies
- Working to ISO13485 guidelines
- Understanding, implementing, and following health, safety, and environmental policies
We celebrate diversity and encourage applications from any backgrounds. For this position you must demonstrate the right to work in the UK, we cannot sponsor visas at this stage.
Job Type: Full-time
Monday to Friday
electrochemistry: 1 year (preferred)
assay development: 3 years (preferred)
diagnostic test development: 1 year (preferred)
lateral flow assay development: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One locationhttps://www.eclateral.com/