The Technische Universität Braunschweig is offering a Postdoctoral Position (f/m/d)
at the Institute of Genetics in the research group of Prof. Dr. Melanie M. Brinkmann
Embedded in the core research area “Engineering for Health – from Molecules to Processes“ of the Technische Universität Braunschweig (TU BS) the research group of Prof. Melanie Brinkmann is offering a postdoctoral position to explore strategies for combating viral infections. The TU BS puts a strong focus on host-pathogen interactions and is connected with its partners in the Hannover-Braunschweig region (Hannover Medical School, Twincore, and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research) via several research networks to address the challenges of identifying novel treatment options for infectious diseases. In the Institute of Genetics of the TU BS, the Brinkmann research group focuses on the innate immune response to viral infections and is seeking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic postdoctoral scientist to study the interaction between herpesviruses and the innate immune system. We aim to understand the molecular mechanisms of virus sensing by innate immune cells and downstream effects, and the strategies that viruses employ to counteract the host's innate immune response with the intention to (1) discover and target novel structures for therapeutic approaches and (2) obtain novel insights into the host's immune response.
- Performance of in vitro and in vivo infection studies, analysis of innate immune responses and their effects on infection; genetic engineering of cell models and viruses
- Development of research projects to produce high quality research outputs in peer-reviewed journals and to acquire third-party funding
- Collaboration with national and international partners and representation of our research activities at scientific conferences
- Teaching in molecular biology and virology (lectures, training of Bachelor, Master and PhD students)
- PhD or equivalent in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, veterinary medicine, or related biological sciences
- Expertise in virology, molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry
- Experience with next-generation sequencing methods, such as RNA-seq or single-cell RNA-seq, and proteomics will be considered as an asset, as well as experience with bioinformatics and in vivo model systems
- High motivation and ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary research environment
- Profound organisation and communication skills
- High motivation to train the next generation of scientists
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Publication(s) in peer-reviewed journal(s)
Starting date: The position is available for immediate appointment. The contract will initially run for two years with the possibility for extension.
Salary: up to EG 13 TV-L
Working time: 39,8 hours per week
Place of work: TU Braunschweig
Closing date: 30.11.2022
For further information please contact [email protected]
and see the description of our research activities at https://www.tu-braunschweig.de/ifg
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or other characteristics. Personal data is stored for the purpose of carrying out the application process.To ensure equal opportunities, applications by women and members of minority groups are explicitly desired. Their applications will be favored in case of equally qualified candidates. Qualified applicants with disabilities will be favored if a certificate is provided.
Technische Universität Braunschweig is dedicated to ensure equal opportunites based on the Niedersächsisches Gleichberechtigungsgesetz (NGG). Depending on the assignment of tasks and fulfillment of personal requirements, the salary will be up to pay grade 13 TV-L collective agreement.
Please note that application costs cannot be refunded.
Please send your application containing a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, school and university certificates and at least two references as one pdf file by email (preferred) to [email protected]