Our lab is specifically interested in neurodegenerative markers together with microRNA and its regulatory role in developing temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE). Recent research has discovered the connection between altered microRNA (miRNA/miR) expression and pathological processes in the brain tissues leading to epilepsy onset in animal models and potentially/probably in humans. However, the influence of dysregulated miRNA expression in epilepsy onset has not been fully explained yet. For precise evaluation and the gain of the most accurate data, we work with in vitro (cell culture), in vivo (rat brain slices) and ex vivo (human brain tissue) models.
The postdoctoral position will be part of the more significant NPO project LX22NPO5107 named "Národní ústav pro neurologický výzkum", funded by the Ministry of education, youth and sports (RRF). We are currently looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and independent postdoc with a background in neuroscience, molecular biology, medical biology, biochemistry or related field to help us to uncover the molecular principles of TLE and find the possible way for non-invasive treatment. Your work will include cell culture, western blot, gene library preparation, and sequencing.
More information about us: https://beson.ceitec.cz/en/
The successful candidate should:
- Be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent in Neurosciences or Cell, Molecular biology or similar;
- Be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalents, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad;
- Have Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Have a publishing record – in the last five years, at least three publication outputs ("articles") above the field median (at least two of them in Q1) registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science;
- Have practical experience and theoretical knowledge of basic molecular biology methods (protein isolation, isolation and quantification of nucleic acids, PCR, gel electrophoresis, qPCR, Western Blot, in situ hybridisation, cellular and tissue cultivation);
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required at level C1.
Experience working with animal models.
The applicant shall submit:
- CV including a list of publication activities;
- Motivation letter describing an applicant's research interest and a motivation of why to join our team;
- Contact information of at least two references (name, position, telephone number);
- Diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions);
- Documents proving the candidate has worked at least two years in the last three years outside the Czech Republic and/or PhD diploma from a foreign institution.
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an exciting job in a dynamically-expanding university area;
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment;
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions;
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment;
- full support of the administrative and project offices;
- support of the Welcome office for the successful applicant and his/her family;
- flexible working hours;
- pension fund contribution;
- 6 weeks of vacation, meal allowance, Multisport card and other benefits.
Workplace: University campus, Kamenice 5, 625 00 Brno, the Czech Republic
Job contract: temporary for three years (2023-2025)
Workload: 40 hours per week
Salary: Fixed, 2 432 EUR (gross, tax 15%)
Start of work: January 2023 or by agreement
Deadline for applications: 30th November 2022
How to apply:
Please use the "E-Application" link on the website: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/73902
After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance via email.
For more information, contact prof. MUDr. Milan Brázdil, PhD. by e-mail: [email protected]
, or Mgr. Zita Goliášová at [email protected]
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/