The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for
1 Post doc in Law (M/F), with a specialisation in Space and Satellite Communication Law
Ref: P2-130001 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
2-years contract, 40h/week, renewable for a maximum of 60 months
The SES Chair in Space, SatCom and Media Law is a component part of the RUL of the FDEF. It concentrates on student education in the Master program and research in the areas of the law of outer space, the law of international and European telecommunication, as well as national legislation connected with the exploration and use of outer space. It organizes annual Luxembourg workshops on space and satellite communication law and issues regular publications composed of contributions of prominent Luxembourg and international authors. The Chair is actively involved in the deliberations of legal issues of space activities of Luxembourg, including the UN Copuos, as well as in the international network of the International Institute of Space Law.
You should support the Chair in research activities connected with the legal framework of exploration and exploitation of outer space. Especially, you should follow the activities of the Legal Subcommittee of the UN Copuos and react on these developments in your research outputs. Furthermore, you should follow the developments in the ITU and the EU connected with frequency management, and support the Chair, evt. as a co-author, in preparing publications on this subjects. You should also follow the needs of Luxembourg in the area of space activities and their legal framework. Moreover, you should take part in the preparation of the scientific program of annual international workshops, serve as a co-editor of the proceedings, and assist in formulating future research projects.
For further information please contact: [email protected]
• PhD degree in law, preferably in international and/ or European law
• Knowledge of the essentials of international space and telecommunication law
• Excellent working knowledge of English
• Ability to work in an international environment.
• Personal work space at the University (full-time contract requires to work on the University’s premises).
• Attractive remuneration.
Applications can be submitted in English or French and must include the following:
• An application letter
• A copy of the PhD diploma
• A detailed curriculum vitae with a complete bibliography of the applicant’s published works.
• A description (+/- 6000 characters) of the scientific work the applicant is interested in pursuing
• The name, current position, and relation to the applicant of the two persons cited as reference.
• Copy of the publications that the applicant deems most relevant to his/her research work.
Please apply online before 15 February 2017
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/1afyu
Applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.