Designlab under Koc Univesity (KU) Arcelik Research Center for Creative Industries, has an opening for a postdoctoral research fellow for a joint project with Arcelik
Koc University is one of the leading research universities in Turkey and the region and provides a competitive research environment with its international research community.
Arcelik Electronics offers products and services around the world with its 27,000 employees, 15 different production facilities in six countries (Turkey, Romania, Russia, China and South Africa), its sales and marketing companies all over the world and its 10 brands (Arcelik, Beko, Grundig, Blomberg, ElektraBregenz, Arctic, Leisure, Flavel, Defy and Altus) serving products and services in more than 130 countries.
The Designlab at Koc University focuses on human computer interaction fields, specifically in wearable, tangible, gestural interactions.
The working language of Koc University is English.
Topics of interest include:
• Electronics design and development of gesture recognition devices.
• Design of digital circuits which is based on HDI/Multilayer PCB
• SCH and PCB layout designs using Altium, PADS, Eagle or Orcad environment
• Hands-on participation in board bring-up, debugging and product / component validation
• Participation in finding resolutions to engineering problems and production of improvements by setting up prototypes and testing
Applicants are expected to have obtained, or to be about to obtain their Ph.D. degrees.
They should have strong background in electronic engineering or a closely related field.
A track record of relevant publications at prestigious conferences/journals and high quality software and hardware development is essential.
For more information about Designlab, please visit designlab.ku.edu.tr
Applicants should provide a detailed CV with a list of publications, a motivation letter and contact details for 3 references in their application
Interested applicants should submit inquiries and applications electronically to Tulin Hazar, kuar/at/ku(dot)edu(dot)tr by latest February 01, 2017 or until the position is fulfilled.