The candidate should be students with PhD degrees at universities in Poland in the field of engineering and technical sciences (automation, electronics and electrical engineering; materials engineering; mechanical engineering; technical information technology and telecommunications) or science (physics).
• Practical knowledge of programming in one of the programming languages Python, Matlab (preferably Python) and issues related to numerical analyses.
• Ability to write scripts for numerical / modeling analyses.
• Knowledge of atomic physics, the basics of plasma physics, the basics of spectroscopy; issues related to physics / spectroscopy and numerical modeling in this direction.
• Willingness to expand skills and knowledge in plasma physics and X-ray diagnostics.
• People with experimental experience in spectroscopic measurements and skills in modeling physical phenomena will be preferred.
• Ability to work in a Windows and / or Linux environment.
• Additional skills: knowledge of computer methods, participation in the implementation of laboratory measurements.
• Additional skills: ability to work in a team.
• Additional skills: algorithmic and statistics, analysis of experimental data.
• Additional skills: other C, C ++ or Fortran programming languages
SCOPE OF WORKS:
Participation in the research project "Imaging based on gas electron multipliers under intense radiation from tokamak plasma" financed by the National Science Centre under the OPUS program. The project is aimed at the development and testing of gas detectors with the appropriate electronic system for data acquisition and processing.
It is planned to participate in research work related to the modeling of tokamak plasma radiation spectra, taking into account the phenomena of pollutant transport. The obtained results will be compared with the experimental results. It will also be possible to participate in experimental research.
The period of participation in the project - 42 months.
• full-time employment contract,
• work in a team that brings together both experienced and young scientists,
• improving qualifications and the possibility of rapid scientific development,
• participation in scientific cooperation carried out in important research centers in the country and abroad,
• private medical care.
A candidate for the research position should meet the following criteria:
- Enjoy full public rights,
- Hold a bachelor and/or engineer and/or master’s degree,
- Have an aptitude and passion for research work,
- Have sufficient command of English allowing to use professional literature, write scientific papers and communicate in professional community.
A candidate for the position of a researcher should submit the following documents and letters:
1. Application for employment at the position of an assistant or a technical research worker.
2. Cover letter.
3. Detailed curriculum vitae, including information on internships and academic and professional achievements.
4. Graduation diploma; bachelor, engineer, master’s degree.
5. Materials confirming the knowledge and professional experience useful for the implementation of the works specified in the job offer.
6. A declaration of consent to the processing of personal data for recruitment purposes
The candidate's qualifications are assessed by the Competition Commission on the basis of the documents and materials provided and the opinion of the head of the department (laboratory) in which the candidate is to be employed. Additionally, the Head of Department and / or the Competition Committee may invite a candidate for an interview.
The Competition Commission may request the candidate to submit additional materials regarding his / her qualifications and scientific achievements, such as:
1. opinion / opinions of employees with an academic title or a post-doctoral degree,
2. certified results obtained during master’s studies (applies in case of an assistant),
3. other materials.
The candidate may submit to the Competition Committee other additional materials confirming his / her qualifications, scientific achievements and information about his / her interests not related to the research specified in the competition announcement.
Documents should be submitted within the deadline of 10th of October 2021 (4 p.m.) to the IPPLM’s secretariat (23 Hery Str., 01-497, Warsaw) with a note "KONKURS" or via e-mail: [email protected]
with a note: “KONKURS" in the subject line.