A NIH/NCI-funded postdoctoral position is available in the Fu laboratory in the Department of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine for studying the pathophysiological mechanism and therapeutic targets of obesity-related cancer. The laboratory is located at the main campus of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. We offer competitive research projects with a special focus on the role of chronic circadian dysfunction in obesity, metabolic syndrome, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), and NAFLD-associated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The successful candidate will join our exciting research projects to study the mechanism and biomarkers and gene targets of obesity-related HCC using state-of-the-art technologies, including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing, proteomics, metabolomics, and humanized mouse models (https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/loning-fu-21668
). Our studies are not only theoretically important but also have significant near-term translational values.
1) A recent Ph.D degree with less than two year experience in post-doctoral training.
2) Prior first author publications in peer reviewed journals.
3) Highly motivated to pursue an independent career in biomedical research.
4) Excellent communication, time management and teamwork kills.
5) Application documents: a cover letter to state research interests, an updated resume, and contact information of minimal three references.
Preferred training background:
Molecular and cellular biology, cancer, and mouse genetics. Especially, the experience in biomarker studies, gene expression, animal disease models, RNA studies, protein-protein, and protein-DNA interactions are preferred.
The stipend for these positions will follow the NIH 2020 post-doctoral fellow salary guidelines, which is currently $52,704 plus fringe for a Ph.D graduate with no previous post-doc experience and increases with increasing years in post-doc experience.
Please contact Dr. Loning Fu directly via email ([email protected]
) or apply online through Baylor HR website (Position Number: 30409296).