Offer Description: This is a postdoctoral position in Prof. Michal Mrozowski’s research project: “New concepts in microwave filters, phasers and multifunctional passive circuits for future RF systems”. The post-doc on this position will contribute to the synthesis of filters and phasers with dispersive couplings and also to multi-functional and reconfigurable passive components with co-designed RF capabilities. The postdoctoral appointment is for 30 months.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Development of circuit theory and equivalent circuits for filters, phasers and multi-functional and/or reconfigurable passive devices.
2. Synthesis, design and performance optimization of selected components.
3. Taking care of fabrication (in various technologies) and measurement of fabricated components.
4. Report writing.
5. Preparation of research papers for leading journals and conferences.
6. Dissemination of project results on workshops and conferences.
7. Assisting MSc and PhDs students.
Required Education Level: PhD degree (obtained not earlier than September 1st, 2013) in in a technical or scientific discipline with emphasis on microwave passive circuits (regarding to Chapter I, §1, point 18 Regulation No. 21/2019 of the Director of the National Science Center on the Regulations for the implementation of projects, internships and scholarships of 03/15/2019)
1. A PhD degree in microwave engineering.
2. Good publication record (preferably as a first author) in JCR journals.
3. The topic of PhD thesis related to design of microwave passive components – particularly filters.
4. Proven experience in cross-coupled filter synthesis and design using FEM CAD software
5. Proven experience of design, fabrication and measurements of passive microwave components.
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills, be able to work in a multi-cultural environment both independently and as a part of a team
Required Languages: Fluent English
Required Research Experience
1. Very good publication record in JCR journals related to microwave passive circuits
Type of Contract: Temporary
Job Status: Full-time
Hours Per Week: 40
Benefits: Remuneration/month: basic salary 8200 PLN, i.e. expected net income at ca. 6500 PLN (plus one in a year additional annual remuneration paid by March 31 of the calendar year following the year for which this remuneration is due; the amount of this remuneration is 0.085 of the basic remuneration paid in a given year, if the employment contract lasted longer than six months). This wage is very competitive considering the cost of living in Poland.
Envisaged Job Starting Date: between 01-October-2020 and 1-March-2021
Hiring info & work location: Gdansk University of Technology, address: Poland, Narutowicza 11/12 st., Gdańsk 80-233
How to Apply: E-mail with attachments (.pdf files)
E-mail address to send application: [email protected]
The recruitment process involves two steps:
1. Evaluation of the applications by a selection committee.
2. Interview with the shortlisted applicants.
We reserve the right to contact only applicants selected through verification of the submitted documents and reserve the right to reject all submitted applications, if it is concluded that they do not meet the criteria.
1. Cover letter with the description of particular skills or achievements related to the scope of the project and highlighting the experience with microwave filters and passive devices.
2. CV with the complete list of publications.
3. Copies of up to 5 most important publications in JCR journals.
4. A copy of the language certificate or other evidence of fluency in English.
5. A copy of the PhD thesis (in English or any European language).
6. A scan of the PhD diploma.
7. Names and email addresses (and, if possible, phone numbers) of the two academic/professional referees who may be contacted by the recruiting committee.
Please include in your offer:
“I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the cover letter and the documents attached to it”
The position is founded by the National Science Centre with project: New concepts in microwave filters, phasers and multifunctional passive circuits for future RF systems
1. The administrator of data processed in the recruitment process will be the GUT with its registered office at ul. Narutowicza 11/12 in Gdańsk (postal code: 80-233).
2. The administrator has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted via the e-mail address: [email protected]
. Only matters relating to the processing of your data by the GUT, including the implementation of your rights, should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer
3. Your data will be processed to the extent provided for in the Labor Code, i.e. name, surname, date of birth, place of residence (correspondence address), education, course of previous employment (pursuant to Article 6 (c) of the GDPR*) in order to carry out the process recruitment, while other data (if provided) based on your consent (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR*)
4. Personal data will be stored until the end of the recruitment, and in the event of employment until the termination of the employment relationship, and then will be archived and stored for a period of 10 years.
5. The provided data will not be made available to third parties. The recipients of the data will only be institutions authorized under rights.
6. You have the right to access the data and rectify, delete or limit processing, or withdraw consent (if it has been granted) at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body
7. The data provided by you will not be profiled
8. Providing your personal data in the scope resulting from art. 22 (1) of the Labor Code is necessary to participate in the recruitment procedure. Providing other data by you is voluntary.
* GDPR - Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the EP and of the Council of 27.04.2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC