Applications are invited for a full-time Postdoctoral Fellowship starting September 1st 2020 (or as soon as a qualified applicant is selected) in the Built Environment and Active Populations (BEAP) Lab and Interventions Research and Action in Cities Team (INTERACT) in School of Human Kinetics and Recreation at Memorial University of Newfoundland. The position is a one year appointment, renewable for an additional year based on satisfactory performance.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Dr. Daniel Fuller, Canada Research Chair in Population Physical Activity. The postdoctoral fellow will work on projects related to Dr. Fuller’s research program including:
1. Analysis of accelerometer and GPS data
2. Machine learning methods for accelerometer and GPS data
3. Commercial wearable devices and physical activity measurement
Postdoctoral fellows with new projects related to the general research areas above are strongly encouraged to apply.
Primary Responsibilities: The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to be involved in, or responsible for, the following:
- Conducting novel independent research
- Presentation of research results in the form of publications in peer reviewed journals
- Assisting their faculty supervisor in guiding graduate students' research
- Collaborate with team members to initiate new projects
Qualifications and experience:
- Ph.D. in Public Health, Human Kinetics, Geography, Computer Science, or related field
- A strong research record
- Work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent writing, and good oral communication skills
- Data analysis experience
- Accelerometer data
- GPS data
- Machine learning
- Programming experience:
- R, SQL, or Python
Compensation: The salary follows the regulations of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and Memorial University.
Working Conditions: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the successful candidate will work remotely. The supervisor and Memorial University will ensure proper access the necessary computer infrastructure.
How to apply: The deadline for applications in August 1st, 2020. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references in PDF format to Dr. Daniel Fuller ([email protected]
Dr. Daniel Fuller
Canada Research Chair in Population Physical Activity[email protected]
School of Human Kinetics and Recreation
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, Newfoundland | A1C 5S7
Physical Education Building | Room 2023
T 709 864 7270