Description: We are seeking two post-doctoral scientists to join the Laboratory of Structural Virology in CEITEC (http://plevkalab.ceitec.cz
). We use cryo-electron microscopy and tomography to determine three-dimensional structures of viruses and study their interactions with infected cells. We aim to provide structural information for development of anti-viral drugs and phage therapy. We study human viruses from the families Picornaviridae and Flaviviridae. Our phage studies are focused on biofilms of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Our lab is part of the Structural Biology program at CEITEC. We have access to in-house electron microscopes: Titan Krios equipped with Falcon3 and K2 detectors, Talos Arctica, TF20, and dual beam microscope Versa 3D for focused ion beam milling. The group includes technicians to assist with routine laboratory tasks.
• Successful candidate must hold a PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology, or informatics.
• The applicant must have demonstrated ability to independently pursue on his/her research projects and write manuscripts.
• Positive attitude towards programming, scripting, and Unix-based systems is desired.
• Knowledge of structural biology and tissue culture methods is a plus but not required.
• An attractive salary and benefits package.
• In house core facilities with expert support.
• Support with the relocation process (welcome office service).
• Six weeks of paid holiday.
Anticipated start date: flexible, optimally January-April 2020
To apply please send CV including contact information of two referees and a full list of publications to [email protected]
Please quote “Postdoc – structural virology” in the subject.
Application deadline: 15 .1. 2020
For further information about:
• Plevka lab: http://plevkalab.ceitec.cz
• CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
• Masaryk University, please visit https://www.muni.cz/en
• Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617