We seek to recruit a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join Professor Paul Digard’s research group at the Roslin Institute, University of Edinburgh, to work on the molecular biology of influenza A virus replication and host range.
In addition to undertaking primary research, the post holder will act as lab manager, contribute to PhD student supervision, have the opportunity to present their research through publications and conference presentations and be involved with developing and delivering public engagement activities.
We are looking to recruit someone who relishes new and challenging projects, is able to design, implement and control experiments effectively and is organised, driven and focussed in the lab.
We will actively support your career development to ensure your progression.
• An undergraduate degree in biology/biomedical sciences, involving an understanding of molecular and cellular biology and tissue culture
• A PhD degree, or near completion in and/or postdoctoral experience in molecular virology
• Strong organisational, presentation and communication skills
• Knowledge and experience in the area of influenza virus replication
• Experience in managing lab budgets.
This is a full time post, 35 hours per week, available immediately and is funded by Institute Strategic Programme grant funding, initially available on a fixed-term basis until 30/06/2020. Extension of this funding until 31/03/2022 is dependent on a successful interim (mid-term) review of the Institute’s core funding due to be held in October 2019.
For more information or informal enquiries please contact Paul Digard via email at [email protected]
Ref: 049266 Closing Date: 27 September 2019
For further particulars and to submit an application visit our website www.vacancies.ed.ac.uk