One postdoctoral position is immediately available at the Heidelberg University Hospital, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology. This position will be funded by DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, project leader: Dr. Fengbiao Zhou).
The position is limited to 2 years with the option of further extension. We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled and communicative Postdoc (m/f/d) who is interested to perform competitive high quality scientific research in the area of acute myeloid leukemia. Our research group under the lead of Prof. Carsten Müller-Tidow focuses on leukemic stem cells and therapy resistance.
This project focuses on post-transcriptional modifications on RNAs, RNA binding proteins and their functional roles in mRNA splicing translation control in the pathology of acute myeloid leukemia. We aim to understand how epitranscriptomics participates in the leukemia stem cell regulation and chemo-resistance in AML, with the final aim to translate the experimental findings into novel therapy approaches for AML patients. Related Publications: Zhou, F et al, Nature Cell Biology, April 2017. For more information, please visit http://lab.mueller-tidow.de
Potential applicants should have:
• Doctoral-level degree with solid background on biochemistry, genetics and molecular and cellular biology.
• Broad expertise in basic cell, molecular and biochemical techniques (Western blotting, gene expression analysis, cloning, cell culture, flow cytometry, protein Co-Immunoprecipitation, RNA immunoprecipitation, Chromatin immunoprecipitation etc.)
• Good knowledge of and experience with statistical software (SPSS), bioinformatics tools, next generation sequencing library prep is preferred.
• Experience with syngeneic and/or xenograft mouse models is a plus
• High motivation to work hard in a competitive research field
• First experience in writing scientific reports and papers
• Strong communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English and German
• The postdoc (m/f/d) will work closely with a team of enthusiastic biologists and medical scientists
• An exciting and highly translational research project
• Access to state of the art equipment, access to the core facilities in our department and in Heidelberg University including flow cytometry and sorter, proteomics platform, metabolites platform, high throughput sequencing facility, advanced microscopy core facility, on-site mouse facilities and so on. Quantitative unique samples from healthy donors and patients are also project-related accessible via the department’s biobank
• Presentation and publication of the data at international scientific conferences and in journals
• Collaboration with many other experimentally or theoretically oriented labs on top level in the University hospital, in the Heidelberg area (DKFZ, EMBL) and with international research partners
Contact & Application:
For further information you may contact: Annette Becker, M.A., Science coordinator, phone +49 (0) 6221-56-8552, Department of Hematology, Oncology, Rheumatology, Heidelberg University Hospital.
Applications with reference Postdoc 03-2019 – family name should be sent by email as one single pdf-file (max 5 MB) to [email protected]
You are invited to send within this file a covering letter / supporting statement, including a brief statement of research interests, CV, university degrees and the details of referees and references.
Please do not send original documents by mail services, since they will not be returned.
The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the major healthcare centers in Germany. Our objective is the development of innovative diagnostics and therapies as well as their quick implementation for the patient. With about 10,000 employees in more than 50 specialized clinical departments with roughly 1,900 beds, about 66,000 patients in part-time and full-time inpatient treatment as well as 1,000,000 patients in ambulant treatment are medicated each year.
Postdoc position (m/f/d)
full-time – JobID: P0071V037