UNIVERSITY OF LUXEMBOURG
POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER IN DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS (M/F)
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg invites applications for
1 Post-Doctoral position in Development Economics (m/f)
• Ref: F2-060005 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
• Fixed-term 24-months contract, extendable depending on the acquisition of external funding
• Full-time position, 40h/week
• Starting date: September 1, 2019 (or earlier)
• Employee Status
• The post-doctoral researcher will be working within the Centre for Research in Economics and Management and is expected to contribute to research in the area of development economics. We particularly encourage researchers with interests in analyses of migration involving developing countries, environmental issues in developing countries or the evaluation of public policies in developing countries.
• The main tasks include writing academic papers, participating actively in the life of the department (e.g. seminars, workshops), and interacting with the Ph.D. candidates, especially within the development group.
• A contribution to teaching activities (up to 2 hours a week) is expected.
• The post-doctoral researcher will be under the supervision of Profs. Michel Beine, Luisito Bertinelli and Arnaud Bourgain
Questions about the position should be sent to [email protected]
, [email protected]
or [email protected]
• PhD degree in Economics with strong background in development economics.
• Very good English language skills.
• Willingness to work in an inter-cultural and international environment.
• Curiosity and self-motivation.
• Fully-funded position.
• An exciting international and multilingual research environment.
• Personal work space at the University (full-time contracts require the candidate to work at the University premises).
• Gender-friendly workplace.
Applications should be submitted online before 1 May, 2019 in English and should include the following:
• A detailed curriculum vitae.
• A motivation letter with a description of research interests and plans for the coming two years (2 pages max).
• Copies of three research papers or a copy of the PhD Thesis.
• Three letters of recommendation
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview from 2 May, 2019 onwards.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.