Post Doctoral Researcher (Level 2)
Food for Health Ireland, University College Dublin
19 February 2019
(application date has expired)
€44,266 to €48,205 PD Level 2 scale
Prof Eileen Gibney
An experienced post-doctoral candidate is sought to join a research team focusing on the Healthy Cheese work package within FHI. The research will focus on conducting human studies to examine the impact of consumption of cheese, and cheese products on metabolic health. The successful candidate will be involved in a number of human studies, subsequent laboratory and statistical analysis, and writing of scientific publications. As well as the scientific duties, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to management aspects of the project, supporting the lead researcher in the management of the team and work undertaken.
This is an advanced research focused role, building on your prior experience as a post-doctoral fellow, where you will conduct a specified programme of research supported by research training under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator.
The primary purpose of the role is to develop new or advanced research skills and competences, on the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic publications and scholarly dissemination, the development of funding proposals, and the supervision and mentorship of graduate students along with the opportunity to develop your skills in research led teaching.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct a specified programme of research and scholarship under the supervision and direction of your Principal Investigator.
• Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by your Principal Investigator, your School or Institute, or the University.
• Support your Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research programme.
• Support if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of your Principal Investigator.
• Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of your research group, School and Institute.
• Take responsibility as requested for day-to-day advice and support of graduate research students associated with your research group.
• Mentor and assist, as appropriate and as directed, the research graduate students in your group, School and Institute.
• Carry out administrative and management work associated with your programme of research.