The group of Dr. Pavla Perlíková (https://uoch.vscht.cz/research-groups/perlikova-en
) at the Department of Organic Chemistry of the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague is looking for a postdoctoral fellow in organic/medicinal chemistry. The candidate will focus on the synthesis of new cytochalasan analogues with antimetastatic activity.
Migrastatics represent a new concept of drugs with a great potential to improve the outcome of the current cancer treatment strategies by inhibiting metastatic behavior of cancer cells. Our goal is to use rational design to prepare new inhibitors of actin polymerization by targeting actin itself or the Arp2/3 complex (actin-polymerization nucleator). The project includes a synthesis of natural-product analogues as well as structural optimization of hits from virtual screenings.
• Work in a small team and friendly environment
• Full-time contract for 12 months with a possibility of extension
• Competitive salary (1.2 of the national average)
• Employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, language courses, institutional childcare)
• Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
• Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connections to the whole world
We are looking for:
• Highly motivated postdocs with excellent research experience
• PhD degree in organic/medicinal chemistry
• Excellent knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
• Track record of publications in peer-reviewed international journals
• Pro-active, flexible and responsible colleagues willing to supervise younger team members
• Excellent command of English (level B2 or higher)
• Organizational, communication and presentation skills
• Interviews to be conducted in December 2022
• Expected start: January 2023
How to apply
Please send your CV, a brief motivation letter, at least two reference letters, and a list of publications, togehter with a detailed specification of your personal contribution to the five most important publications, via email to [email protected]
. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Short-listed candidates will be invited to an online interview.
If not fulfilling some of the requirements but you are enthusiastic to join us, please describe clearly your situation in the cover letter.
By providing your personal data in your CV, you give consent to the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague to process and file your CV for the purposes of this selection procedure. At the same time you confirm that your personal data in the submitted CV is true and accurate.