NeuroInsight is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND Action for Postdoctoral Fellowships. The programme aims to support a new kind of postdoc, developing advanced skills in data analytics, AI, machine and deep learning and applying them to the challenges of neurological conditions. We anticipate proposals from a wide range of topics within these fields.
We will facilitate high quality research, provide opportunities for fellows to complement their own expertise through interaction with patient groups and access to data, and to develop unique capacity and flexibility for an independent research career.
Fellowships should address one of four research challenges:
- Ethnographics: How data from those with neurological disease are collected and shared for the development of precision medicine, including methods to capture such data.
- Genomics: The analysis of ‘omic data from human and animal models to inform diagnosis and therapeutics.
- Advanced Analytics: Using patient data to predict important clinical events including response to therapies.
- Patient Impact: Using insights from data to inform more effective and targeted healthcare provision.
Call 2 (2022) Open Now
In 2022 NeuroInsight aims to fund at least 15 high-calibre Postdoctoral Fellowships of 24 months. Fellows will relocate to Ireland to join expert supervisors in one any institution in Ireland that is affiliated with one of our SFI Centres. Fellows will have access to the full range of FutureNeuro and Insight labs, infrastructure and neurological datasets.
This programme operates at the intersection between two existing large scale, distributed programmes of research in Ireland: FutureNeuro, the SFI Centre for Chronic and Rare Neurological Disease, and Insight, the SFI Centre for Data Analytics. Fellows may be hosted by any Irish institute affiliated with these Centres. Incoming or Global options may be proposed.
For detailed information on the opportunity, eligibility and the application process please see the call documentation on www.neuroinsight.eu
The award will provide for salary (indicative range € 42-52K; allowances depending on host and applicant status), research costs, training and career development programme.
NeuroInsight Fellowships are for experienced researchers from any country, seeking a prestigious, career-building base in Ireland. For full eligibility criteria please read the call documentation on our website.
- Either hold a PhD on 30th November 2022, or have at least 4 years of equivalent research experience
- have spent less than 12 months of the previous 36 in Ireland (relaxed / alternative mobility rules apply under certain conditions, and for global fellowships)
How to Apply
Via an open call for research proposals on NeuroInsight themes. Explicit support must be gained from a NeuroInsight supervisor before applying. Selection will be through independent peer review followed by interview. Full submission guidelines, terms and instructions can be found on our website.
Applications encouraged from Scholars / Researchers at Risk; please contact us for additional support.
email: [email protected]
Funding reference: H2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND no. 101034252