The Hospital of the University of Munich, Germany, is one of the largest and most competitive university hospitals in Germany and Europe. 49 specialized hospitals, departments and institutions harbouring excellent research and education provide patient care at the highest medical level with around 11.000 employees.
The Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research (ISD) on LMU Campus Großhadern invites applications on the next possible date, in full time, for a
Postdoctoral Position in Vascular Biology (m/f/d)
Scope of duties
The project will be carried out in the laboratory of Martin Dichgans (www.isd-research.de/dichgans-lab
) and centers on the mechanisms linking mutations in a novel risk gene for atherosclerosis (Nature 2022 and Nat Genet 2018 ) to vascular pathology. Expanding on our analyses in other risk genes (e.g. Circ Res. 2020; Circulation 2019; Circulation 2021), a new mouse line with informative phenotype, and novel experimental paradigms, we aim to develop cell-type specific therapeutic approaches.
We are searching for a postdoctoral researcher with background in atherosclerosis research or vascular biology. Functioning in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary team, the postdoctoral researcher will investigate the mechanisms linking stroke risk loci to atherosclerosis in our new genetic mouse model with human relevance and in testing therapeutic approaches. You will use a broad range of methods with ample expert support on cutting edge technologies including scRNAseq and spatial transcriptomics, mass-spectrometry-based proteomics, clearing and light-sheet microscopy (www.isd-research.de/isd-research
- We expect advanced knowledge in techniques relevant to vascular biology or atherosclerosis and animal-related work.
- Mandatory vaccination in healthcare: From 16.03.2022, all employees in hospitals will be subject to mandatory vaccination against SARS-CoV-2.
- As a board member of the excellence cluster “Munich Cluster for Systems Neurology (SyNergy)” (www.synergy-munich.de
), member of a collaborative research center on atherosclerosis (www.sfb1123.med.uni-muenchen.de/about-us/index.html
) and faculty member of the Graduate School of Systemic Neuroscience (www.gsn.uni-muenchen.de
) we provide a highly collaborative and inspiring research environment. The lab is located in the brand-new Center for Stroke and Dementia (CSD) Research building with access to cutting-edge technologies in immunology, molecular biology, vascular biology, and neuroscience.
- Remuneration is based on the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Länder (TV-L) including all allowances customary in the public sector.
- In addition we offer further education and training, company pension scheme, childcare services, job ticket, discounts and staff accommodation.
We look forward to receiving your application consisting of a cover letter and a CV with contact information of two references as a single pdf.
Disabled persons will be preferentially considered in case of equal qualification. Presentation costs cannot be refunded. For further information please contact Dr. Martin Dichgans & Dr. Yaw Asare, e-mail: [email protected]
LMU Klinikum – Campus Großhadern
Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research (ISD)
Feodor-Lynen-Straße 17, 81377 Munich, Germany