Faculty Positions are open at four distinct ranks: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor, and Chair Professor.
Tenured faculty: Associate Professor, Full Professor, or Chair Professor
- The applicant should have world-class academic achievements and hold tenured Associate Professorship (or above) or equivalent positions in world-class universities or research institutes.
- The applicant promises to work full time at Westlake upon acceptance of the offer.
Tenure-track faculty: Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
- The applicant should have a doctorate degree.
- The applicant should have academic achievements equivalent to those of the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in world-class universities.
- The applicant promises to work full time at Westlake upon acceptance of the offer. The first appointment will be five years.
Salary, Benefits and Start-up package
Each faculty member will receive an internationally competitive salary and a fringe benefits package that includes a generous housing option, a high-end medical care plan for the entire family, etc. These benefits have been designed with references to those of the research private universities in the US.
Each faculty member is provided with an internationally competitive start-up package that includes long-term and sufficient research funds, ample laboratory space, excellent equipment and research support. Stable financial support safeguards every research project that is designed to push the envelope of human knowledge.