Our client is an ETH Spin-Off focused on creating and delivering intelligent technology solutions for end-clients in the financial industry. You will be joining a successfully growing and internationally expanding company with an exciting clientbase across Continental Europe & the UK.
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER - QUANTITATIVE FINANCE
For this challenging role in a highly educated (PhD/MSc.) team, we are looking for developers with a strong passion for innovation, an eagerness to use their expertise in financial markets & products, as well as technology to create industry leading software and solutions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with quant engineers on new, business critical projects, translating conceptual mathematical models into technologies, suited to clients' spec and implemented in the clients' architecture.
Role & Responsibilities
- Identification of requirements and definition of the technology architecture
- Planning, organization and technical delivery of multiple projects
- Construction of prototypes for leading financial clients
- Technical leadership
- Direct client contact
- Internal/external stakeholder management
Experience & Qualifications
- University Degree in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum 3 years programming experience with Java/J2SE: Maven, Ant, Ivy, Script running, Readme.txt, Implementation shortfalls etc
- Experience with Hibernate, JUnit, TDD or BDD
- Experience with RDMS
- Knowledge of Matlab or similar
- Experience in banking/financial applications development
- Solid understanding of financial instruments
- Experience in financial analysis/modelling, quantitative analysis is an asset
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluency in English, German is an asset
- Eligibility to live and work in Switzerland
This job is your opportunity to become a part of a unique and growing international success story, founded in Zurich. This dynamic environment will allow you to further develop your skills and shape your career.
Good to know you!