THE ALAN TURING INSTITUTE
The Alan Turing Institute is the UK’s national institute for data science and artificial intelligence whose mission is to make great leaps in data science and artificial intelligence research in order to change the world for the better.
The provision of digital infrastructure for identity systems is an emerging requirement in many modern societies across the developed and developing world. New techniques for deployment at scale promise to improve the assurance of users' rights to access to various digital and physical resources, in a cost effective and efficient manner. However, protecting citizens’ rights when such systems are deployed requires the development of novel and appropriate socio-technical interventions that incorporate robust security and privacy measures.
We are seeking a candidate for a research position involving the security analysis of identity systems. The successful candidate will be able to analyse systems to identify and mitigate cybersecurity risks. You should be familiar with threat modelling and analysis techniques and the development of appropriate defence strategies.
You will collaborate with a small specialist team investigating areas pertinent to establishing trustworthiness within digital identity infrastructure. You will report to a senior principal investigator who will support your efforts throughout the project. For more project background go to the project webpage https://www.turing.ac.uk/research/research-projects/trustworthy-digital-infrastructure-identity-systems
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take initiatives in the planning and execution of research
- Identify and develop suitable techniques, and apparatus, for the development/implementation of the existing programmes
- Conduct data analysis and ensure the validity and reliability of data at all times
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all findings
- Undertake any training and or professional development
- Prepare material for presentation in oral and poster formats
- Draft publications and prepare them for submission to refereed journals
- Write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals/digests that highlight findings from research ensuring consistency with the highest standards of academic publication
- Contribute to writing bids for research grants
- Take responsibility for organising resources and effective decision making in support of research
• A PhD degree or equivalent professional experience in a cyber security related subject (e.g. cybersecurity, computer science, mathematics or related discipline).
• Experience of cyber security threat analysis and management in applied settings.
• Ability in mathematical or quantitative methods.
• Evidence of an excellent publication record.
• Experience of working independently and in medium to large-scale teams, on collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects with academic and industrial partners.
Please see our portal for a full breakdown of the Job Description.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This full-time post is offered on a 2-year fixed-term basis. The annual salary is £37,000-£42,000 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits, including flexible working and family friendly policies, https://www.turing.ac.uk/work-turing/why-work-turing/employee-benefits
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as Research Assistant at a salary of £34,510 per annum
Please see our jobs portal for full details on how to apply - https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/turing/jobs/research_associate_cyber_security_threat_analysis_19516/en/
EQUALITY DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Alan Turing Institute is committed to creating an environment where diversity is valued and everyone is treated fairly. In accordance with the Equality Act, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Reasonable adjustments to the interview process can also be made for any candidates with a disability.