The group of Prof. Soos at the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague, Czechia (http://labsoos.vscht.cz
) is seeking a post-doctoral fellow in a field of mechanical and chemical engineering.
- PhD degree in chemical or mechanical engineering with proven hand-on knowledge of CFD modelling of multiphase flow
- Strong understanding of mass transfer modelling, bubble coalescence and breakup phenomena with the capability to code (writing its own subprogram in Python, C++)
- Selected candidate should have knowledge of Lattice-Boltzmann approach to model the flow field
- Enthusiastic and flexible candidate keen to learn new things and apply them for industrially related topic
- Good level of English language
- Suitable for fresh graduates (ideally within 2 years after PhD)
- Open position is a part of larger initiative to develop and apply CFD modelling of gas-liquid multiphase flow to describe and optimize the flow field and mass transfer in the stirred and sparged bioreactors. In addition, optimization will also include metabolism of main nutrients and products of microbial fermentation.
- Selected candidate will be responsible for bioreactor geometry buildup, development of the CFD model including modelling of bubble coalescence and breakup and consequent optimization of conditions in bioreactors of various scales employing commercial CFD software.
- Full-time contract for 18 months
- Six weeks of payed vacation
- catering allowance
- industrially related project
- working in a very dynamic team
- practical training in industrially related areas
How to apply:
- Please send your CV and a Reference letter to: [email protected]
- Selected candidates will be invited for the on-line interview
By providing your personal data in your CV, you give consent to the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague to process and file your CV for the purposes of this selection procedure. At the same time you confirm that your personal data in the submitted CV is true and accurate.